FCA Hockey Advisors was launched to ASSIST Families as they navigate the DEVELOPMENT PATH FROM HIGH SCHOOL to junior AND college hockey
Our mission is two fold:
First, to provide a support network to families as they navigate the confusing world of junior hockey, sharing knowledge while reducing stress and anxiety. We understand that key transitions can be both intimidating and discouraging, and most likely create a stressful time for you and your family. You want the best hockey scenario, social, academic, cost effective, and spiritual environment for your player. This service was born after assisting many families, just like yours, during this transition period, by providing positive, encouraging and inspired council during this overwhelming time.
Secondly, our desire is to continue to invest in Christian families, both players and parents as they progress throughout the season. Our commitment to “Impact the Hockey World for Jesus Christ” involves discipling both players and parents, so that they feel confident and supported in a world where they often feel alone. Partnering with you the parent, we feel we can strengthen your son’s spiritual foundation by providing advice, support, and mentorship to their faith walk.
If you are interested in starting this dialogue with us, please complete the enclosed player questionnaire and include as much personal information as possible. Over the coming days, we will be in contact with you to discuss if you are a good candidate for our service. If you are fit, we will accept you into our program and start the process of advising you immediately. A couple key points to consider:
- Our service is designed for players 16 years and older (High School Sophomore - Junior Age out)
- We have a limited number of spots and not all players who apply will be accepted into the program
It is important to know that not all of our clients will get Division 1 commitments. We get many requests for Division 1 placement, and have helped many players achieve this goal of reaching Division 1 over the past several years; however, playing Division 1 hockey may not be the best option or environment for your athlete. Together, we will collaborate and coach you on the best environment for your athlete to highlight their skills so they can grow mentally, spiritually, gain confidence in their hockey career and boldly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ultimately, we want the best environment for their talents and abilities to shine, so they can glorify the Lord at whatever level they play at.
We offer two different advisory packages:
Single Season Package
Designed to help transition a player into the right league or team for the current or upcoming season. This plan will include many of the following items:
- Objective assessment of current hockey ability and realistic expectations.
- Evaluation of current on ice and off ice strengths and weaknesses.
- In depth discussions of player’s future goals, ability and potential development steps.
- Establishing realistic goals and expectations.
- Identification and connection to teams that meet those specific goals and objectives.
- Introductions to Junior and College Coaches that can help achieve the desires level
- Tryout invitations to camps and programs that fit players goals
- Video review, and or personal visit to games or practices to assess skill level
- Weekly /Monthly Calls with Player and Parent during season
Single Season Package $2,000.00
Multi Year Package
This package is designed to assist a player over the course of his junior career to reach his full potential both on and off the ice. This plan may include many of the below items:
- Includes items in the transition package listed above
- Advisor Representation player ages out of junior hockey
- Off ice player development game plan
- Suggested training methods and skill development
- Specific invites to FCA Player Advisors Camp / Summer Skates to be hosted at Northstar Sports Complex
Multi Year Package $3,000.00 (Not to exceed 3 years)
In order to move forward in the process, complete the application by clicking on the "Apply Now" link below. We will then review your application and set up time to discuss your goals with you. If accepted, we will then send you formal acceptance as well as payment instructions.
* A limited number of spots are available for each package, therefore all players who apply will not be accepted.
** Payments can be made in a one time amount (preferred) or monthly by joining the Automatic Monthly Partners or (AMP) program. The donation amount, minus the fair market value of the service is tax deductible. Consult your accountant for guidance.